Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We Interrupt This Pig Program

After work tonight we drove to Tulsa to see Papa's dance recital. Yep, that's right, my dad took up tap dancing in his retirement. And I've waited years for this show. So I took off an hour early, and we piled in the car and drove the hour and 45 minutes to see the big event.

I'm SO glad we went! My brother and sister were there, with most of the grand kids, and we all really enjoyed seeing our father's excitement. While he's not the greatest dancer (Sorry Dad), I am so proud of him! In his retirement, he is doing the things that he wanted to do, but never had time for. So when he signs up for a "dramatic reading", or a chorus, or a tap class, he reminds me that it's never too late. The tapping leaves a lot to be desired, but the man is admirable. (In spite of the bright orange, fuzzy cumber bun.)

I'm far too tired to edit and post pictures this evening. And, I'm far too tired to post a pig, so I'm extending my seven days of precious piglets and just skipping today. My blog...my rules...

Don't you want to come back tomorrow to see pictures of the 70 year-old dancing machine? (There will surely be a UTube video if Big has anything to say about it!)

(I tell you...Again, the anticipation...I've had some great "hooks" lately...how could you possibly not come back tomorrow???)

No comments:

Adoption Timeline

  • 01/01/08 - Home at Last
  • 12/24/07 - G & R
  • 12/18/07 - Travel
  • 12/7/07 - Travel Packet/VISA Authorization
  • 12/06/07 - I-600 Approval
  • 11/16/07 - I-600 Received for Review
  • 09/26/07 - Referral
  • 03/23/07 - Log in Date
  • 02/23/07 - Dossier to Vietnam
  • 02/08/07 - Dossier to Agency
  • 08/08/06 - Switched to Vietnam Program from China Program