Tuesday, October 7, 2008

In the Jungle...

(A Wimoweh, A Wimoweh, A Wimoweh.....)



In the jungle...the mighty jungle....



I love this picture. It is SO DoriGrace! It was also a good one to play with and learn how to green-up my browning grass. I actually have a pretty good series of her crawling across the grass. Of course, I didn't suggest she make this face, or imitate a lion...it just comes naturally. I think it is from the general aversion to grass. (She's getting better though.)

While you can't tell from the photo, the teeth are becoming an issue for us. We are seeing a pronounced under bite and she is an almost constant teeth grinder. In fact, her top front teeth show serious damage...they are about 1/4 gone. The clicks and clacks she made as an infant turned into full-on teeth grinding when the pearly whites appeared. I don't imagine there is much we can do at this stage, but I am sure we'll be frequent visitors to Dr. Moody's Smile Shop in the future.

************

One day down, six to go! I don't know what I was thinking issuing this challenge. I have OU-TX weekend in Dallas and SEVERAL Mambo Taxi's ahead of me....I hope I make it!


(My daughter really does have other outfits. I have no idea why she is wearing this in every photo I take!!)

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Dori Grace is such a cute lion!

Nadra said...

Love, love, love that picture. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha - too cute.

Love me some Mi Cocina!!!!

Julie said...

I love the picture. DG is too cute!!!!

Jessica said...

Very cute!

Hey I noticed I am not on your blog roll. =P

Heather M. said...

She is just the cutest little lion ever! I know what you mean about the teeth...my 8 year old has x-rays Mon. & is getting his first set of braces already.

Heather M.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that is an adorable little lion! Ava loves the Lion King movies, and often sings that song.

Both my girls AND my husband grind their teeth at night. Some nights I almost consider sleeping in the kitchen with the dogs.

Tricia and Kirk said...

Love the cheeks!

Adoption Timeline

  • 01/01/08 - Home at Last
  • 12/24/07 - G & R
  • 12/18/07 - Travel
  • 12/7/07 - Travel Packet/VISA Authorization
  • 12/06/07 - I-600 Approval
  • 11/16/07 - I-600 Received for Review
  • 09/26/07 - Referral
  • 03/23/07 - Log in Date
  • 02/23/07 - Dossier to Vietnam
  • 02/08/07 - Dossier to Agency
  • 08/08/06 - Switched to Vietnam Program from China Program