Saturday, May 3, 2008

One Lump or Two?

Sorry for the delay in updating. I've been rather stressed this week. Even though I appreciate this blog for the benefits I receive...in kind thoughts and well-wishes from so many people, I still haven't been able to muster the energy to post my update on little sister.

We saw "the man" at OU on Wednesday. I was SO impressed with his interest in DG and his willingness to explain everything to me. It probably isn't a good idea for me try explain things here, although I am certainly willing to share the info individually with anyone who might be facing similar situation.

Basically, we've gotten some misinformation along the way. The lumps (yes, there are two now..almost the size of little chocolate Easter eggs) have to come out. Little sister has an infection called Fortituitum. The lumps could be either BCG or Fortituitum, although chances are the BCG would have worked itself out by now, so it is probably the Fortituitum. They need to come out pretty quickly, so we are expecting to hear about an appointment with the surgeon on Monday. Although you can never to sure, I am under the impression that once the lumps are removed (as long as they are removed before they start to break up, and as long as the biopsy results are OK) that should be the end of it. I keep telling myself that things aren't "that bad"...it could be worse...I'm just ready for this to be over...

Your prayers are appreciated!

*********************************************

I feel rather selfish in that I haven't commented on the current sad state of things in the Vietnam adoption world. It is now clear that adoptions will end (again!) in on September 1, 2008. My heart breaks for the children and for those that have been waiting and will now have to consider other options. I can't imagine how I'd handle the news if I were in your shoes and I wish you all the best on your journey!

Peace!

7 comments:

The Efirds said...

Leigh, so sorry about DG. We'll definitely being praying for her arm and for the surgery to go well! As well as you guys having to take all of this in.

Heather said...

Leigh, I appreciate you posting this difficult situation. As a mom waiting for my child to come home from CanTho, I will be sure to have her checked thoroughly...I hope the surgery goes well & DG recovers completely.

You're in our prayers.
Heather M.

Julie said...

I'm so sorry about all of this. I know it must be very scary for all of you. I will keep DG in my thoughts. We are all here pulling for her.

viathemidwest said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I sure hope that will be the end of it and DG will bounce back well. You all will be in my thoughts.

Tricia & Kirk said...

You all continue to be in my prayers. I appreciate you keeping us updated.

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

We're praying for you all right now - for healing for Miss DG, and also for endurance and peace for WB, Mama, and Daddy! So glad that you finally have an answer - now let's get that sweet girl well! :)

Paula

Dianna said...

I keep checking in to see if there's any more news and then realized I'd never commented in the first place - oops! Sorry! I'm definitely thinking of you and hoping Ms. DG stays patient with the Mama and the Doctor :)

Adoption Timeline

  • 01/01/08 - Home at Last
  • 12/24/07 - G & R
  • 12/18/07 - Travel
  • 12/7/07 - Travel Packet/VISA Authorization
  • 12/06/07 - I-600 Approval
  • 11/16/07 - I-600 Received for Review
  • 09/26/07 - Referral
  • 03/23/07 - Log in Date
  • 02/23/07 - Dossier to Vietnam
  • 02/08/07 - Dossier to Agency
  • 08/08/06 - Switched to Vietnam Program from China Program