Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hello From Hanoi!!!

We are happily settled into the Somerset Grand. We have a lovely 2 bed, 2 bath flat with a living room and kitchen. It is on the fifteen floor. I was just so happy to get here...until I noticed the windows and about had a breakdown. They open with one flimsy latch...all the way open...no screen...from the 15th floor...and I have an eight year old!!! Fortunately, I also have a fabulous husband who understands it is best to just address my crazy phobeas. He has now taken cording and secured all the windows so there is NO way (or so he has assured me) that WB can get out.

As for our process, tomorrow Loc will let us know what time our appointment is with the US on Monday. If the interview goes well, and they approve DoriGrace's VISA, we are free to leave Monday evening. I'm not calling Todd to change our tickets until tommorrow, so I'll have more info on flight schedules in a couple of days.

We have nothing to do until Monday which works perfectly for us because the one and only tourist thing I wanted to do was take a trip to HaLong Bay. Looks like we'll be free to do that on Saturday...then we can rest on Sunday.

I'm really tired and going to bed. Really...I will post pictures tomorrow...Really!

************************************

PaPa - We miss you on this trip, but I can honestly say that I don't think you'd have enjoyed the first week, other than meeting DoriGrace. As we drove through Hanoi this evening, I thought for the first time, my dad would love this city. I am so sorry you aren't here, but you did make the right decision to stay home with mom.

No comments:

Adoption Timeline

  • 01/01/08 - Home at Last
  • 12/24/07 - G & R
  • 12/18/07 - Travel
  • 12/7/07 - Travel Packet/VISA Authorization
  • 12/06/07 - I-600 Approval
  • 11/16/07 - I-600 Received for Review
  • 09/26/07 - Referral
  • 03/23/07 - Log in Date
  • 02/23/07 - Dossier to Vietnam
  • 02/08/07 - Dossier to Agency
  • 08/08/06 - Switched to Vietnam Program from China Program