Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Waiting Game

This waiting process is so interesting. It doesn't equate to a pregnancy, believe it or not, it is much more difficult. One reason--you don't have the comfort of the child physically growning in you. And, just as important, you don't have a "due date." Your child grows in your heart, your mind races and wonders of the possibilities, and you have NO EARTHLY idea how long it is gonna take.

I remember before I had WB, I would see friends "meltdown" in late pregnancy. I could almost see it coming. I'd say things like, "I'll never do that. How hard can it be? It is just a couple more weeks. Why are they crying?" Funny how you end up "eating words." Two weeks before delivery, I vividly remember sitting in my doctor's office, bawling, and asking to be induced. It is embarrassing to admit, but when my doctor said "no" to the induction, I actually begged for antidrepessants because I just "could note take one more second" of pregnancy!

I'm not making the same mistake with adoption. While I don't fully understand of the stress at the end. I have a healthy appreciation for it. Just as I know a referral will eventually come, I know the waiting "stress" will also come. I truly feel for those in all stages of the process--it is so different for everyone. For me, for now, I'm dealing...but then, I've got WB.

And, today is a good day--two little boys and one baby girl were referred, travel and G&R schedules were finalized, and heart warming pictures of families spending their first few days together flew across the internet! It gives me hope...life is good.

Peace--

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That is so true. There is so much pain involved in adoption and unless you have been there you just do not know. I hate to sound so dark but its true. When you are pregnant evryone cares about what's best for you but when you are adopting no could care less about how you feel. When you are adopting you can not trust anyone to have your best interest at heart.

Adoption Timeline

  • 01/01/08 - Home at Last
  • 12/24/07 - G & R
  • 12/18/07 - Travel
  • 12/7/07 - Travel Packet/VISA Authorization
  • 12/06/07 - I-600 Approval
  • 11/16/07 - I-600 Received for Review
  • 09/26/07 - Referral
  • 03/23/07 - Log in Date
  • 02/23/07 - Dossier to Vietnam
  • 02/08/07 - Dossier to Agency
  • 08/08/06 - Switched to Vietnam Program from China Program