Saturday, February 14, 2009

Internet Embarrassment

Even though I don't blog as much as I use to, I still spend a fair amount of time surfing the internet and visiting all the blogs I have bookmarked in Reader. I have several everyday reads, some that I visit for recipes, some to learn photography and a few that I enter contests on.

One of my favorite everyday reads is the Noble Pig. I love Cathy's writing, wit and views of random daily events. I stumbled onto her site several months ago as I was searching for a recipe and I've been hooked ever since. She's such a cook and such a homemaker...she's building a winery for heaven's sake! (She's like internet famous for cryin' out loud!)

At any rate, Cathy was having a little Valentine's Day contest for some fancy chocolates and I thought I'd unlurk to enter the contest. (The chocolates were just too FANCY, I couldn't resist!) I didn't win...dang it! But as a result of my post on her blog, she popped over to see little ole' me and leave me a comment.

So, imagine my embarrassment when she (gourmet cook and fancy wine lady) sees this:



That's right...my 8-hour crock pot meatloaf. Oh, the embarrassment! I'm at a loss for words. But, I've learned my lesson. I pledge, no more food pictures unless it is plastered on Little Sister's face!

Now, I am off to bury my face in today's Ranch Mashed Potatoes and regress back to my internet "lurker" status! Too bad I don't have a tempting recipe to enter into Cathy's great Potato Ho Down! Oh well, I can hardly wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Dios Mio! :) Take heart... surely she's had some food catastrophies, too.

Adoption Timeline

  • 01/01/08 - Home at Last
  • 12/24/07 - G & R
  • 12/18/07 - Travel
  • 12/7/07 - Travel Packet/VISA Authorization
  • 12/06/07 - I-600 Approval
  • 11/16/07 - I-600 Received for Review
  • 09/26/07 - Referral
  • 03/23/07 - Log in Date
  • 02/23/07 - Dossier to Vietnam
  • 02/08/07 - Dossier to Agency
  • 08/08/06 - Switched to Vietnam Program from China Program